Which of the following is a discovery technique for generating ideas? (Points : 5)
Writing a thesis
2. Which of the following is a major focus of revision? (Points : 5)
3. A concise statement about what a writer will demonstrate or explain in an essay is called a _____. (Points : 5)
4. A writer should _____. (Points : 5)
Use sentences of equal length
Use various sentence lengths and patterns
Use words with complex derivations
Use sentences with comma splices
5. Editing and proofreading are usually done _____. (Points : 5)
6. A writer has achieved _____ when all ideas in a paragraph relate to the main idea. (Points : 5)
7. Three parts of the rhetorical situation are _____. (Points : 5)
Spelling, grammar, and mechanics
Flowcharts, graphic organizers and storyboards
Unity, coherence and organization
Subject, audience, and purpose
8. A good description requires_____. (Points : 5)
An exciting narrative with a surprise ending
Induction and deduction
Rebuttal and evidence
Concrete sensory details
9. What sentence clarifies the focus of a paragraph? (Points : 5)
A transition sentence
A major sentence
A topic sentence
A thesis sentence
10. What words link ideas, sentences, and paragraphs to achieve greater continuity? (Points : 5)
11. A research paper is _____. (Points : 5)
Arbitrary and subjective
Investigative and documented
Argumentative and abstract
Narrative and objective
12. A writer includes quotation marks around another author’s exact words but does not provide an in-text citation crediting the source. This writer has _____. (Points : 5)
13. A writer responds critically to source material by _____. (Points : 5)
Finding something to complain about
Assuming the information is correct
Reading and analyzing the material
Reading only the summary information
14. Which of the following examples avoids plagiarism? (Points : 5)
Paraphrasing a document from the Internet and then citing it
Copying and pasting a paragraph from an online encyclopedia
Using a direct quote from a book and not using quotation marks
Summarizing a resource in your own words
15. Which of the following would be considered the LEAST credible resource for a research paper? (Points : 5)
Which of the following has no errors in punctuation or sentence structure?
(Points : 5)
The hamburger is a popular food Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger is a popular food, and Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger which is a popular food, Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger is a popular food, Americans eat millions per year.
17. Which of the following sentences uses pronouns correctly? (Points : 5)
The patients were treated for his or her illness.
A doctor must listen to his or her patients.
The medical assistant gave their opinion about the patient.
The doctor gave instructions to their patients.
18. Which of the following sentences is correct? (Points : 5)
Them are twenty students in the class.
They’re twenty students in the class.
Their are twenty students in the class.
There are twenty students in the class.
Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
(Points : 5)
My mother warned, “Whoever called Australia had better speak up.”
My mother said, I hope it wasn’t you”.
“My mother asked, Who called Australia”?
My mother said, “now I’m angry.”
20. Which of the following is a lower order concern? (Points : 5)
Revising for organization
Revising for coherence
Editing for punctuation
Editing for support
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
Getting into any engagement is not as simple as it sounds, especially when done remotely. Thus, you as our client need solid assurances that your expectations will be met and exceeded. Taking this into consideration, we are very serious when it comes to honoring our end of the bargain. On this page, we have clearly stipulated our assurances to clear any anxiety, doubts, or uncertainties that you may have. We are sure that after reading the below short guarantee highlights, you will be entirely confident that your needs will be exceeded!
Our money-back guarantee assures you of the safety of your money. Several reasons may make you want to get a refund, and we have the best refund system since it works INSTANTLY! Yes, I said instantly! Many of our competitors place complex processes for you to get a refund. Some websites make you wait for 14 days! For what? We know that you obviously have other uses for the money; that is why we refund on the spot. Here at Employed Professors, we simply look into the issue and press a button, and your money is back. No waiting! No back and forth!
Being the worst academic offense that is severely punished by all institutions, plagiarism is a NO at Employed Professors! In fact, we are always ready with evidence that your paper is plagiarism-free.
Our elite algorithm for detecting plagiarism is updated regularly, as our developers work 24/7 to make sure that it captures even the slightest instance. We provide a plagiarism report FREE OF CHARGE so that you are confident when submitting your paper to that stickler professor or TA. This way, we ensure that you will never get expelled for this heinous act!
Sometimes, for absolutely no reason, your TA or professor might require you to make some changes to your paper. Other times, further customization can be needed as you deem fit; of course, you are the king, and you command, and we obey! As such, if you feel that a specific aspect has not been captured as you like, you can always send the paper back for revision, and this is also FREE OF CHARGE! All you need to clearly state are the new guidelines that you want our professor to use to accomplish your desired objective in the way that you want it.
Unlike our competitors who will make you wait even 30 minutes to respond to your inquiries, order messages, and support help, we have developed a seamless communication system that notifies our always-standby support personnel to respond to you. Furthermore, we have given our professors access to this high-tech system so that they can respond promptly to ensure that no time is wasted. Remember, this business' most valuable element is time, and delays are usually catastrophic. The last thing we would imagine is you having to lose points for lateness. Thus, we ensure that prompt communication is ever-present, without failure!