Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question.
1. Which of the following types of heaters uses a special glass sheet with a metallic backing that serves as a heating element?
A. Vertical discharge unit heater
B. Solar panel-skylight
C. Radiant-glass wall-mounted panel heater
D. Ceiling-mounted cable radiant heater
2. What is the TD for an outdoor design temperature of 20 degrees F and an indoor design temperature of 75 degrees F?
3. Which of the following is not a type of heat loss from a building?
4. A circuit with a resistance of 25 ohms is carrying a current of 2 A. How much heat, in watts, is developed?
5. Using the degree day method, calculate the annual kWh use in Springfield, Illinois, with a heat loss of 12 kW, and an indoor design temperature of 70 degrees F, and assuming 24-hour per day occupancy.
6. What is not a factor that reduces the required number of kWh for heating?
A. Higher lighting levels
B. Greater use of electric equipment
C. Greater number of people occupying building
D. Greater ventilation
7. Heating units that depend upon the natural circulation of air in the space to be heated are called
A. unit ventilators.
B. heat pumps.
C. electric baseboard heaters.
D. hot-water storage heaters.
8. Balance point temperature is the
A. temperature at which point ventilation is not required.
B. temperature at which cooling is required.
C. outside temperature at which point heat loss from the building equals internal heat gain.
D. temperature at which point back-up heat comes on.
9. A very good insulator has an R value of 29. The material’s heat transfer coefficient is.
10. Of the following, what is true of radiant heat?
A. Lower temperature settings can be used with the same comfort level.
B. A normal thermostat can be used.
C. It is no longer considered a safe heating system.
D. It can only be used as a central system.
11. The best place to locate a thermostat is on an
A. outside wall near a window.
B. inside wall near an outside door.
C. inside wall by a baseboard radiator.
D. inside wall in a draft-free area.
12. Which of the following types of heating systems is often installed with a humidistat to improve fresh air exchange?
A. Radiant ceiling cable
B. Panel heaters
C. Hydronic heating system
D. Resistance baseboard
13. The amount of time it takes for one Btu to flow across one square foot of surface when there is a 1 degree F temperature difference from one side of the material to the other is known as
A. the insulating factor.
B. a material’s R-value.
C. thermal capacity.
D. internal heat gain.
14. The edges of the concrete slab in underfloor thermal-storage systems are insulated to
A. block heat from getting into the building.
B. prevent heat loss through soil to the outside.
C. support the weight of the concrete slab.
D. prevent water from entering the building.
15. What is the internal heat gain, in kW, from a factory with 20 kW of lighting (surface-mounted), 10 kW of running motors, and 10 people doing light benchwork?
16. What is a common heating system for school gymnasiums?
A. Unit ventilators
B. Electric baseboard
C. Underfloor thermal storage
D. Ceramic heaters
17. When a low-voltage thermostat with a thermal relay calls for heat, which of the following best describes what happens?
A. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to close.
B. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to open.
C. The mercury switch closes.
D. The pilot valve operates.
18. What is the best electric system for a residential building where cost is the primary concern, and air circulation is important?
A. Heat pump
C. Central warm-air furnace
D. Radiant glass panels
19. Which of the following controls can automatically reduce heating levels when the building is unoccupied for long periods of time and heat isn’t needed?
A. Damper control
B. Sensing element
C. Thermostat with a bimetallic element
D. Program clock
20. Which of these choices is the most expensive electric system to operate?
B. Program clock
C. Heat pump
D. Radiant ceiling
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
Getting into any engagement is not as simple as it sounds, especially when done remotely. Thus, you as our client need solid assurances that your expectations will be met and exceeded. Taking this into consideration, we are very serious when it comes to honoring our end of the bargain. On this page, we have clearly stipulated our assurances to clear any anxiety, doubts, or uncertainties that you may have. We are sure that after reading the below short guarantee highlights, you will be entirely confident that your needs will be exceeded!
Our money-back guarantee assures you of the safety of your money. Several reasons may make you want to get a refund, and we have the best refund system since it works INSTANTLY! Yes, I said instantly! Many of our competitors place complex processes for you to get a refund. Some websites make you wait for 14 days! For what? We know that you obviously have other uses for the money; that is why we refund on the spot. Here at Employed Professors, we simply look into the issue and press a button, and your money is back. No waiting! No back and forth!
Being the worst academic offense that is severely punished by all institutions, plagiarism is a NO at Employed Professors! In fact, we are always ready with evidence that your paper is plagiarism-free.
Our elite algorithm for detecting plagiarism is updated regularly, as our developers work 24/7 to make sure that it captures even the slightest instance. We provide a plagiarism report FREE OF CHARGE so that you are confident when submitting your paper to that stickler professor or TA. This way, we ensure that you will never get expelled for this heinous act!
Sometimes, for absolutely no reason, your TA or professor might require you to make some changes to your paper. Other times, further customization can be needed as you deem fit; of course, you are the king, and you command, and we obey! As such, if you feel that a specific aspect has not been captured as you like, you can always send the paper back for revision, and this is also FREE OF CHARGE! All you need to clearly state are the new guidelines that you want our professor to use to accomplish your desired objective in the way that you want it.
Unlike our competitors who will make you wait even 30 minutes to respond to your inquiries, order messages, and support help, we have developed a seamless communication system that notifies our always-standby support personnel to respond to you. Furthermore, we have given our professors access to this high-tech system so that they can respond promptly to ensure that no time is wasted. Remember, this business' most valuable element is time, and delays are usually catastrophic. The last thing we would imagine is you having to lose points for lateness. Thus, we ensure that prompt communication is ever-present, without failure!