Gloria Anzaldua’s “How to Tame A Wild Tongue” Reading and Vocabulary Guide
1. Why were Anzaldua and other Chicano students required to take two speech classes at Pan American University?
2. How does Anzaldua describe Chicano Spanish? What are three of the languages Anzaldua lists as spoken by Chicanos today?
3. In your own words, describe Pachuco using 2-3 complete sentences.
4. What are some of the differences between Chicano Spanish and Standard Spanish according to Anzaldua?
5. According to Anzaldua, how do Chicanos and Chicanas who grew up speaking the language feel about it?
6. What does Anza Id ua say is the way to “really hurt” her on page 59? How does this hurt her?
7. What does Anza Idua mean when she writes that “Chicanos straddle the borderlands?”
8.What is the “dual identity Anzaldua describes of Chicanos and other people of color on page 63?
1. Does using message? Why or why not?
2. How would you label the different languages you speak like those Anzaldua lists and explains? For example, do you speak in a version of slang with your friends versus what you speak with your parents or boss?
3. If you do not speak or read Spanish, how did you go about reading it? Did you skip words, look up the translations, or try to interpret them on your own? If you DO speak or Spanish, how did having to switch from English to Spanish impact the way you read the essay?
Define the following vocabulary terms:
“Mother Tongue,” Amy Tan
1. What does Tan mean by the phrase “mother tongue,” and why does she feel so deeply about her mother tongue?
2. Describe Tan’s attitude toward her mother’s language in her youth? How has Tan’s attitude changed since then
3. Make a list of the ways in which the language skills of Tan’s mother have been described; point to specific word choice in the text to support your response. Alternatively, how does Tan see her mother’s language abilities? Again, point to specific word choice in the text to support your response
4. How does Tan use her mother tongue in her work today?
GLORIA ANZALDUA How to Tame a Wild Tongue LINK:https://www.everettsd.org/cms/lib07/WA01920133/Centricity/Domain/965/Anzaldua-Wild-Tongue.pdf
Mother Tongue, by Amy Tan
just follow the question to answer not essay thanks !
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
Getting into any engagement is not as simple as it sounds, especially when done remotely. Thus, you as our client need solid assurances that your expectations will be met and exceeded. Taking this into consideration, we are very serious when it comes to honoring our end of the bargain. On this page, we have clearly stipulated our assurances to clear any anxiety, doubts, or uncertainties that you may have. We are sure that after reading the below short guarantee highlights, you will be entirely confident that your needs will be exceeded!
Our money-back guarantee assures you of the safety of your money. Several reasons may make you want to get a refund, and we have the best refund system since it works INSTANTLY! Yes, I said instantly! Many of our competitors place complex processes for you to get a refund. Some websites make you wait for 14 days! For what? We know that you obviously have other uses for the money; that is why we refund on the spot. Here at Employed Professors, we simply look into the issue and press a button, and your money is back. No waiting! No back and forth!
Being the worst academic offense that is severely punished by all institutions, plagiarism is a NO at Employed Professors! In fact, we are always ready with evidence that your paper is plagiarism-free.
Our elite algorithm for detecting plagiarism is updated regularly, as our developers work 24/7 to make sure that it captures even the slightest instance. We provide a plagiarism report FREE OF CHARGE so that you are confident when submitting your paper to that stickler professor or TA. This way, we ensure that you will never get expelled for this heinous act!
Sometimes, for absolutely no reason, your TA or professor might require you to make some changes to your paper. Other times, further customization can be needed as you deem fit; of course, you are the king, and you command, and we obey! As such, if you feel that a specific aspect has not been captured as you like, you can always send the paper back for revision, and this is also FREE OF CHARGE! All you need to clearly state are the new guidelines that you want our professor to use to accomplish your desired objective in the way that you want it.
Unlike our competitors who will make you wait even 30 minutes to respond to your inquiries, order messages, and support help, we have developed a seamless communication system that notifies our always-standby support personnel to respond to you. Furthermore, we have given our professors access to this high-tech system so that they can respond promptly to ensure that no time is wasted. Remember, this business' most valuable element is time, and delays are usually catastrophic. The last thing we would imagine is you having to lose points for lateness. Thus, we ensure that prompt communication is ever-present, without failure!